Have A Fundraiser To Benefit Your Favorite Cause
If the last thing you need is more gifts cluttering up your home, why not use your birthday as a way to raise money for your favorite charity? Instead of asking for gifts from your loved ones, invite them to donate to your favorite cause for your birthday.
We hope you love these ideas and themes for 50th birthday party for adults! The main thing is to spend time together!
Make It A Costume Party
Everyone loves costumes and the idea of dressing up, so why not incorporate it into the 50th birthday party celebrations? Let everyone put on goofy, funny clothes that would suit their personality. Rest assured, all guests wont stop talking about how fun the day was and appreciate your efforts to make the party cheerful.
Ideas For 50th Birthday Gifts
When the partys over, youll want your guest of honor to walk away with something special. Use these tips when coming up with the right birthday gift for a loved one. If youre looking for a more complete list of ideas check out our resource on gift exchange ideas for parties.
- This classic gift perfectly plays into a 50th birthday theme and adds value for years to come. Highlight the years of amazing things your loved one has done with a custom photo book.
- Jar of Messages: Have everyone special to the honoree write a kind message and store them in a jar for later. Whether its from a coworker, daughter, or mother, these are perfect and special to make.
- Travel Fund: Is there somewhere that your loved one has been dying to go? Have all guests contribute to a travel fund for the guest of honor. When they find out that special vacation is already funded, your loved one will feel truly appreciated.
- Spa Day: This is a great way to extend the guest of honors special day. A spa day will help them relax and unwind, and its a perfect birthday gift.
- Who doesnt love chocolate? Take this classic gift a step farther by getting custom printed photo chocolate. Use images that celebrate the many things the guest of honor has done, or use family photos. Its a great way to bring a smile to your loved ones face.
Don’t Miss: Prizes For Games At Birthday Party
Food And Drinks For A 50th Birthday Party
Foods and drinks are more than just an average party staple. Without them, guests are left hungry and disappointed, but the right choice brings a party to life. Make sure your food and drinks tie into your theme with the following five ideas, or with our complete resource on birthday party food ideas.
- Chocolate Kisses: This sweet makes a perfect tie into a 50th birthday party. Use gold foil kisses and fill jars with 50 chocolates each. Also, use custom signage to bring focus to the decorations.
- Vintage Food and Drinks: Classic cokes, retro candy, and old fashioned recipes are great ways to celebrate the passing decades. Make sure to also include any foods or recipes that the guest of honor loves.
- Famous Food by Decade: Similar to the vintage food and drinks, this theme plays on the passage of time. Separate dishes by decade to feature all the changes that have happened over the years.
- Custom Cocktails: Create a custom cocktail that represents the guest of honor. Or, consider creating a custom mocktail menu for those that want non-alcoholic options.
- Guest of Honors Favorites: Its important to always consider fan favorites of the honorees. If they love apple pie or if baked potatoes bars always bring a smile to their face, include it on the menu.
Inspiration For Birthday Party Invitations
Birthday invitations tell your guests all the important information like the theme, date, location and more. Check out these ideas for inspiration when picking your cards. Then, once youve picked a deign check out our resource on what to include in a party invitation or our piece on party invitation wording.
- Surprise Birthday Party Invites: Shhhhh, dont spoil the surprise! Make this clear from the start by using a surprise birthday invitation.
- Golden Foil Invites: A classic choice for a special birthday. Golden foil birthday invitations are beautifully designed and perfect for any 50th celebration.
- Vintage Signage Invites: These invites are classy and clean, a perfect way to tell your guests about the upcoming elegant affair.
- Timeline Invites: Use a childhood photo and a current photo to show all the guests just how far the honoree has come. Timeline invites make a perfect 50th thematic tie in.
- Humor Filled Invites: Is the birthday boy or girl known for their sense of humor? If so, consider using a comical invite to announce their upcoming party.
You May Like: Outdoor Activities For Birthday Party
The Best 50th Birthday Items
- 50th Vintage Dude Party Supplies
- Sparkling Celebration 50th Birthday Party Supplies
- Bright & Bold 50th Birthday Party Supplies
- 50th Birthday Continues Party Supplies
- Holy Beep 50th Birthday Party Supplies
- 50th Birthday Milestone Celebration Party Supplies
- Bright & Bold 50th Birthday Luncheon Napkins
- 50th Birthday Party Continues Luncheon Napkins
Th Birthday Party Ideas For Men
Whether youre trying to find a party idea for a husband, father, friend, or other, weve got you covered. Check out our ideas for the him in your life.
- Silver Fox Party: Pick stunning silver decor and dress to the nines for this classy event. This is the perfect way to tell the guest of honor theyll never go out of style.
- Fifty Years, Beers, and Cheers: Is the guest of honor a brewmaster or just a beer lover? Then theyll love a party centered around their favorite beverage. For a centerpiece meant to impress, consider stacking 50 beers in a pyramid.
- The Man, the Myth, The Legend: This theme highlights the guest of honor as the legend you know he is. To carry out this idea, make sure to include banners or a chalkboard that reads The Man, The Myth, The Legend. And make sure to leave time for a toast.
- Then to Now : Print out a timeline of the birthday boy with custom photos of him as a kid, a teen, and an adult. Enjoy the memories throughout the party and leave space for guests to leave kind notes.
- Pops Party: Let Pops know hes loved with a popsicle and soda party. Not only will this bring out his inner kid, but its also perfect for a party in the warmer months.
Read Also: End Of The Year Party Ideas
Celebrate Life With Party & Gifts 4 U
Whether youre throwing a kids birthday party, graduation party, Halloween party, wedding reception or baby shower, Party & Gifts 4 U is the #1 source for all your party supplies with the biggest selection and the best prices. From luau party invitations to 1st birthday decorations and girls birthday balloons, Christmas party tableware, sports party favors and baby Halloween costumes, were your one-stop party planning and ideas store. Dont just throw a party throw a really GREAT party with Party & Gifts 4 U! Here are some ideas to get you going:
Looking For 50th Birthday Party Themes That Perfectly Balance Nostalgia For The Past With The Hope Of Even Better Days To Come
Go for gold.When someone gives you fifty good reasons for a party, make it a golden celebration. This outdoor setting strikes gold with elegant tables scattered underneath sparkling lighting for all who are present to enjoy it.
Photo courtesy of Thirty Handmade Days
Golden opportunity.This gorgeous grouping of candles nested in wine bottles provides a touch of glamour. Sitting pretty as part of the decor, they also provide a golden opportunity to be used as party favors.
To personalize add a wine label to your bottles.
The golden word.This idea for the cake table is truly worth its weight in gold.
Good as gold.For a truly special occasion, every element of the decor becomes an opportunity to shine. Here, the menu is gracefully inscribed on a gold mirror to give guests an idea of the fine meal to come.
Photo courtesy of Matthew Nigel Photography
Menu cards are just the golden touch for your tablescape. Click on the photos below to get started.
Strike gold.The easy on the eye elegance of this cupcake presentation is worth its weight in gold. Your guests will appreciate the artistic beauty of these 50th birthday cupcakes.
Go for the gold.
Want some color with the gold? Enter the beautiful world of rose gold.
Personalized hand sanitizer has become very popular for any celebration. While it is very practical, the design options make it a fun gift as well. Click on the photos below or find a hand sanitizer hereto fit every theme.
Looking for 50th birthday party ideas for men?
Also Check: Taco Bar For Graduation Party
Ideas For Party Favors
Party favors help preserve the amazing memories made at the party. Send your guests home with something that represents the honoree and the good times shared with the following ideas.
- Decorated cookies are a tasty classic that wont add clutter in the long run. Decorate the frosting with the honorees name and 50th for a special touch.
- Bottle Openers: Customized bottle openers are both useful and fun. With these favors, youll make sure the honoree stays the life of the party.
- Wine Glasses: Adding the name of the honoree, party theme, and date to wine glasses make the perfect party favor. This is a great option for more elegant parties.
- Customized Mugs: Mugs are useful for anyones daily routine. Make the honoree the focus of everyones morning with a customized photo mug.
- 50 Pennies For Your Thoughts: This is a simple and cheap to create an option that adds special meaning. Fill small jars with 50 pennies and write 50 Pennies for Your Thoughts. Then add the honorees name and age on the jar.
After all party planning is said and done, youll have created a celebration to remember. Make sure to enjoy it and spend time with your loved ones. Also, dont forget to take plenty of photos. Youll want to remember this party in years to come. Planning the perfect 50th birthday party means spending time with the ones you love and buying a personalized custom gift that your loved one will appreciate and remember.
Infographic: 4 Tips To Find The Perfect 50th Birthday Gift
The 50th birthday is a significant milestone in life and whether you are arranging for the 50th birthday party of someone close to you, or attending it, you know you need to find the perfect birthday gift!
Check this infographic for some helpful tips on choosing a great birthday gift.
Illustration: StyleCraze Design Team
It is always wonderful to celebrate birthdays, regardless of age. However, since it is a milestone year, the 50th birthday requires a larger and more elaborate celebration. People can reminisce about their happy childhood days and reunite with friends and family. In certain ways, celebrating ones 50th birthday can make a person feel youthful again. So, make sure your loved ones 50th birthday celebrations are remembered for a lifetime! These 50th birthday party ideas can help you organize a successful party, so get your party hat on and rock it.
Don’t Miss: Food Catering For Birthday Parties
Th Birthday Party Ideas For Women
These 50th birthday ideas for her capture how special she is in your life. If you have a mother, grandmother, or sister turning 50, check out the following for inspiration.
- One Hot Tamale: No matter her age, your loved one is always a stand out. Let her know with this play-on-words theme that features jars of hot tamales and spicy entrees. Make sure to include plenty of red in the decor and dress code.
- Nothing to Wine About: If the guest of honor has a taste for wine, make sure to include plenty on their birthday. Try to buy vintage wines and have each guest bring their favorite bottle for a truly memorable wine tasting filled night.
- Jetsetter: Does Mom love to travel? Does she have a favorite country? If so, this makes the perfect party theme. Include plenty of world map decor and include her favorite foods from a country dear to her heart.
- A Sweet Five-O: Use candy, cupcakes, or any other sweet to spell out 50 on a dessert table. Include glass jars throughout the party filled with fifty of any of these treats. This theme is perfect for bringing a little sugar to the party.
- A Family Affair: Let the matriarch of your family know shes loved through a family focused event. Include plenty of family photos and feature family recipes on the menu. Help her welcome her golden birthday with all her loved ones at her side.
Unforgettable 50th Birthday Party Ideas
On the lookout for utterly distinct 50th birthday party ideas fit for such an occasion? At Peerspace, we get it! A 50th birthday is one of those once-in-a-lifetime milestones that should be celebrated with great gusto specifically, with a truly memorable party. To you, that might mean a quiet get-together over a fancy dinner, an upscale soiree at a pop-up venue, or a rager at a chic new nightclub.
This is the time to be extraordinary as its not just a regular birthday, and one of these 11 unforgettable 50th birthday party ideas is bound to please you and your guests. Just select the one that best matches your personality, and get down with your bad self and your closest friends.
Read Also: Small Party Halls For Rent
Ideas For Party Decorations
Party decorations make a party come alive. Make sure your 50th birthday party highlights the honoree with the following ideas.
- 50 Rocks! Think lots and lots of pop rock candy and signs that read 50 Rocks! For an added touch, include stones with themed wording. This makes for a light hearted and fun theme for any 50th birthday party.
- Golden Decorations: This theme plays into celebrating your loved ones golden milestone. Use gold accents in balloons, streamers, confetti, and anything else you want. When the guest of honor walks in theyll love this golden decor.
- Throwback Decor: Take advantage of your party to print tons of throwback photos of your loved one. Create customized banners or posters of those special old photos. This is a great way to show how much the guest of honor changed over the years.
- A photo booth is a perfect focal point for any 50th birthday party. Create plenty of props and make a special backdrop, then let your guests go wild.
- Singable Posters: One photo perfect way to capture the special person the birthday is all about is through signable custom posters. Print your favorite photo of the birthday boy or girl and then leave plenty of space on the border. Give all of your guests markers and have them sign the poster with kind words and well wishes.
Book A Peerspace Venue
All over the world, folks are renting out their gorgeous creative spaces to revelers. Hosts on Peerspace provide clean and exciting venues ranging from mansions to production studios to private art galleries. Select from one of these options in your city and throw the party of your soon-to-be 50-year-old dreams.
By renting through Peerspace, you could host the get-together in this private room in historic downtown Baltimore or in this ritzy event space in Chicago . If neither of those fit the bill, there are literally thousands of other Peerspace bookable venues at which you can host a truly unforgettable fiftieth birthday party.
Read Also: Cheap Food For Teenage Party
Fun 50th Birthday Party Ideas For Anyone
If youre planning a classic 50th bash, youre probably looking for ideas that work perfectly for anyone. The following ideas guarantee everyone having fun at the party. And once youve picked a theme, make sure to check out our resource on fun party games to include.
- Cheers To 50 Years: Feature the guest of honors favorite drink and get the party started. This is also a perfect theme to share a meaningful toast.
- Props to You: Congratulate your loved one on everything theyve achieved through the years. Create a photobooth are with plenty of pops with fun sayings to kick off the event.
- Rock Stars: Bring in a live band and celebrate their birthday in style. This theme features lots of dancing, perfect for your rocking loved one.
- Kids at Heart: No matter their age, the guest of honor is young at heart. Showcase this at their 50th birthday through youthful decor. Things like bright balloons, candy, and games make perfect additions.
- 50s Decade Party: Not only do the 50s have great decor, but they also make for a perfect 50th party theme. Encourage guests to dress in costume and include a retro soundtrack for the night.
Th Birthday Party Themes
50th birthday party themes are one of the most important decisions of the party. Why? It makes the rest of the planning so much easier. It narrows the search for your party needs and brings all the details together. Whether hosting a backyard picnic or an elaborate golden sit-down dinner, keep the party focused on your selected theme.
Envision what you want your themed event to be like–use your imagination to take a mental journey through the celebration. From the invitations to the party favors, bring 50th birthday party themes to life with carefully chosen items. It is never one thing that makes a successful party, it’s the whole experience that marks a lifetime of memories.
You May Like: Who Cashes 3rd Party Checks